Frostburg State University Student Burned in Wood Street Fire

A Frostburg State University student’s right arm and leg were burned when he attempted to put out a stovetop grease fire in his Wood Street home, according to Doug Hanson, Frostburg fire chief. Five others in the house escaped.

The Frostburg Fire Department was called to 109 Wood Street at 7:59 pm on Friday, April 3.

The victim, who has not been identified, was transported to the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center.

The house, which is owned by Legacy Management Group, received damage to the stove, cabinets, and a wall. Hanson told the Cumberland Times-News that a company representative arrived to estimate and begin repairs.

Previous post

FSU Student Charged with Manufacturing DMT Appears in Court

Next post

Feels Good To Be Back Home