USM Chancellor Announces Search Committee for Frostburg State University President
On April 29, William Kirwan, chancellor of the University System of Maryland, named the search and screening committee for Frostburg State University’s next president.
“I anticipate that the search and screening process will be completed within six months,” wrote Kirwan in an email to students, faculty, and staff.
“The committee’s work will conclude with its recommendation of finalists for consideration by the chancellor and the Board of Regents,” he wrote. “The board will make the final selection.”
Thomas G. Slater, an FSU alumnus and member of the USM Board of Regents, will chair the search committee.
Other members on the committee include:
- Sydney B. Duncan, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of English
- Carol J. Gaumer, Professor of Marketing and Chair, Department of Marketing and Finance
- Sudhir Singh, Associate Dean, College of Business
- James C. Saku, Professor, Department of Geography
- John L. Stoothoff, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Professions
- Mary Kay Finan, FSU Foundation
- W. Robert Flanigan, Mayor of the City of Frostburg
- Mary Mumper, FSU Foundation
- Troy Donoway, Chief Information officer
- Robert Cooper, Director of Student Activities
- Katelyn Currier, undergraduate junior and president-elect of the Student Government Association
- Kenneth Johnson, graduate student candidate for Master’s in Education
- Julie E. Hartman-Linck,Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, coordinator of the Women’s Studies Program and vice chair of the FSU Faculty Senate
Additionally, the search and selection committee will work with the Lochlin Partners search firm. FSU alum Pat Friel will lead Lochlin’s executive search team and will meet with university administration, faculty, and the FSU community.
Beginning on July 1, Dr. Tom Bowling, vice president for student affairs, will serve as interim president until the permanent president is selected.
This story was updated on May 5 to reflect that Dr. Julie Hartman-Linck was added to the search committee.
This story was updated again on September 3 to add that the Lochlin Partners search firm will assist the search committee.